Today is Ascension Day, a religious and public holiday in Norway. Throughout the month of May, Norwegians are privileged with a number of 'extra' days off. It begins with May 1st being Labor Day, with parades and speeches, then we have May 17th of course, which is Norway's Birthday. This year, Ascension Day (40 days after Easter) comes on May 21st, and with Thursday off it is easy to take an extra day off and make a long weekend of it. And although May 17th was a Sunday this year, we make up for it with Monday, June 1st being 2nd Day Pentecost, another public and church holiday. In other words, there are many days in which to enjoy the coming of the beautiful Norwegian spring. Every year I read heated discussions on people's observance of religious holidays. And this year I have to report that as new villa owners we took the opportunity to work outside on this day off. Glenn and I applied primer and are now set to start painting our house white. At least we didn't make a lot of noise disturbing our neighbors (who were also outside working by the way).
Yikes! Bugzzzzzzzzz......Glenn was the hero of the day removing a wasps nest under our roof. Poor Natalie freaked out after a bug attack. She went straight inside and put on a shield of protection, I told her she looked like Michael Jackson. That brought a tiny smile to her face. I hunted the bug down and killed it and I have to agree it was pretty nasty! She was not a happy girl!


Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar
Feel free to leave a comment!