01 februar 2012

Rejoice!


You know you are getting old when what you look most forward to at Christmas is the Christmas dinner. This year was dramatic at our place as far as our dinner. I bought the biggest and most expensive pork rib ever five days before Christmas. When I got it out the night before Christmas to season it, I thought there was a somewhat scary smell to it, but after I had drowned it in salt and pepper it wasn't that noticable anymore.

When we got it out the next day to put it in the oven, it reaked and we almost puked. Glenn hurried to the store that was closing in just 30 minutes. And came home with two fresh meaty ribs. Yummy. Christmas was saved for mom and dad.

When the Christmas bells were ringing, we could propose our toasts in our favorite Christmas drinks. The kids and mom with julebrus from Hamar, my hometown. Glenn with non-alcoholic beer from his hometown brewery. To Christmas! Cheers!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Feel free to leave a comment!