30 desember 2010

Let's have FUN!!!

Having your birthday close to Christmas can be a little challenging. There are so many activities going on, it can be difficult to find time to gather friends and family. I try to postpone decorating for Christmas untill after Natalies birthday party. This year we decided to bring a little of the Christmas spirit into the party and decorate gingerbread houses together. I was a little worried I wouldn't manage to put together all the houses properly and had to visit quite a few stores to find ten houses. (Yes, I was a little late - as usual). I decided to skip the burned sugar and go with frosting instead. After all I am quite updated on interior blogs (internal joke) and find all sorts of recipes and advice online. So thank you blog-ladies. No burn injuries this year. Everything went well and Natalie had a wonderful time with her friends decorating - AND EATING - a lot of sugar and candy.



Natalie started planning her birthday way back in June and has kept a small journal where she could write down lists and ideas for how she wanted to spend her big day. We went shopping at a big mall in Sandvika this summer and came across a Build-a-bear store. We discussed the option of bringing a couple of friends there for her birthday and from that moment, Natalie has looked forward to December to come. I was worried that the place would be crowded as it was close to Christmas, but everything went so well. I also wondered if she would decide it was a little childish and change her mind. Actually a 10 year old girl was the inspiration of the entire company. One person can really make a difference. That's definetely a message I would like to install in Natalie: Always believe in your dream!


I really enjoyed being a fly on the wall listening to the girls chatter away. It was a lot of fun!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Feel free to leave a comment!