31 januar 2012

Sparkling stones that shine so bright, rest on my ears to my delight.


In a marriage, you take some and you give in some. Glenn and I have had different opinions on whether Natalie should get her ears pierced. Glenn is not much of a jewelry kind of guy. Not a whole lot of bling and gems coming my way, that's for sure. When I was around Natalies age, I wanted to have my ears pierced but my parents wouldn't let me. I went to a friend's house and she sedated my ear by putting a clothes pin on it for a while, sterilized a needle by holding it in a flame and just jabbed it in there. I had a pair of earrings I had gotten from a teen magazine. Not gold or silver, I can tell you. Turned out I got a bad infection that hurt a lot. The holes were crooked and on one ear I had five holes on the backside. Ouch!

I am pretty sure Natalie is not the disobedient child I was, but I decided it was time for the rite of passage as far as pierced ears go. As a price for being such a great big sister and just because she is such a doll, Natalie and I went to the salon just after we came back from our vacation. A friend told us about an anesthetic cream called Emla that we bought at the pharmacy. Those of you who know Natalie, are probably familiar with the fact that she has great fear of needles and pain. But the cream worked miracles and the girl at the salon praised her for being the best girl she'd had at the salon ever.

Yeah for Natalie! Cute girl!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Feel free to leave a comment!