25 februar 2009

I love tulips!!

The tulip originated over ten decades ago in Persia and Turkey, where it played a significant role in the art and culture of the time. Most likely commenting on the Turkish tradition of wearing tulips in one’s turban, Europeans mistakenly gave tulips their name, which comes from the Persian word meaning turban.

The meaning of tulips is generally perfect love. Like many flowers, different colors of tulips also often carry their own significance. Red tulips are most strongly associated with true love, while purple symbolizes royalty. The meaning of yellow tulips has evolved somewhat, from once representing hopeless love to now being a common expression for cheerful thoughts and sunshine. White tulips are used to claim worthiness or to send a message of forgiveness. Variegated tulips, once among the most popular varieties due to their striking color patterns, represent beautiful eyes.




They are not too elegant, too romantic, too big, too small, or too bright; the tulip is always just right. They are like a favorite pair of jeans or your mom's fresh-baked cookies in that the meanings of tulips express genuine coziness and comfort in all of the right ways.



So in the middle of all the chaos of stuff and boxes I just had to buy a bouqet of colorful tulips! My dads birthday was March 7th and I would always buy him tulips for his birthday. They remind me of him at this time of the year and I love the fact that he marvelled at the beauty of flowers. Being married to someone who really doesn't see the point in buying fresh cut flowers I guess I have to buy them myself. *Ü*

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Feel free to leave a comment!