26 juni 2011

A Midsummer Night's Dream


I made floral wreaths for Natalie the first six years of her life every midsummer's eve. Somehow I didn't manage to follow through on the tradition ~ but this year I decided to get back in the game. All three girls headed out searching for different wild flowers. It is not only in Shakespeares Midsummer night's dream where magic appear. According to the Norwegian legend, a young maid will dream of her future husband if she sleeps with seven wild flowers under her pillow on midsummer's night.



Here they are, my beautiful girls with their seven flower floral wreath: kløver, fuglevikke, prestekrage, smørblomst, forglemmegei, hundekjeks og fioler. Melissa danced in the meadow (or our lawn that desperately needs to be mowed) and Natalie looks like a hippie girl, flower power. :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Feel free to leave a comment!