This week was time for summer camp for the young men in our church. Michael was invited to participate as boys 11 years old can attend as long as they have a relative come with them. Glenn was fortunate to go to boy's camp for the first time since he was 16 years old. He has tons of fun stories to tell from when he went to camp growing up. I love listening to them and laugh till I cry because of the way he describes happenings and people. So I know he wanted Michael to have a good experience and I felt good that they could have some one-on-one father and son time. The camp site was on an island in the Oslofjord. It was kind of a relaxed event compared to some of the rougher events where they hike in the mountains etc. The perfect start for an 11 year old, according to my son. I just found out that they place they stayed, Larkollen, was the location for a Norwegian reality show called Campingliv. So I guess they were in for a camping life experience. And much more.
Base camp for the Drammen boys.

Glenn was really happy with the cooking unit he bought before camp.







Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar
Feel free to leave a comment!